Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome back Zou Dave!

I've fallen way behind on my links and there have been a lot of them from this past week. I will do my best to have a fresh batch posted by this weekend and possibly another special post to Bleacher's Report. 


But because Game 6 of the NBA Finals is tonight you're going to have to make due with a much shorter post to tide you over until I get a little more free time. But don't worry, I've got a treat for you.

If the end of baseball season didn't signify the beginning of football season for you then maybe the first Zou Dave video of the year will! If that doesn't make you long for Faurot Field, tailgate parties and Lee Corso then I don't know what will.




Take two and a half minutes to remind yourself how well J-Mac's knee recovered (lets hope for the same for 'Nario). 

One thing that really stood out to me from the video that I hadn't really thought of before is the nature of Maclin's big runs. He's shown the ability to be shifty and change direction but with the exception of his punt return versus Illinois, none of his big runs involve him juking and breaking ankles. He just shifts into another gear and blows by everyone. Initially, that doesn't make for as impressive of a highlight reel. But if you really sit down and watch the gap between him and the closest defenders widen so quickly then I think it becomes even more amazing. 

And one other thing about Maclin, I think we need a new nickname for him. I know J-Mac has really caught on, but that's just so cliché. I tried calling him "The Macrowave" last season but I'm not really sold on that either. This could be a good poll question. Lets put our heads together and try to come up with something new by Aug. 30.

No comments: