Saturday, February 16, 2008

Manhattan Massacre


Wow that got out of hand in a hurry. The K-State Wildcats absolutely annihilated the Missouri Tigers 100-63 on Saturday. There's not much I can say about this one. I expected the Tigers to get blown out but I thought they could at least keep it interesting for a half. But they couldn't even keep it interesting for 10 minutes. I'll just make a few quick observations and then try to erase this game from my memory as quickly as possible.

  • I said Missouri would need a big game from either J.T. Tiller or Keon Lawrence and they combined to shoot 3-17 from the field for a grand total of 10 points. Tiller only played 12 minutes due to foul trouble. Mizzou has no chance of beating anybody when these two guys play like that.
  • Matt Lawrence regained his shooting stroke knocking down 6 threes and finishing with 20 points. That was nice to see. Lets hope he keeps it for the rest of the season.
  • You can tell that DeMarre Carroll's ankle injury that he has been battling all season is really affecting him. He is getting very little elevation when he jumps. There have been several instances the past few games where he has had an opportunity to throw down a dunk but has been forced to lay it up instead. I think he's a much better player than he's showing us this season. Last year all you heard about was how talented this guy was and he really hasn't been much better than Kalen Grimes was. He's gotta get healthy in the offseason.
  • After seeing him play in Columbia I thought Michael Beasley was overrated and felt that the Kevin Durant comparisons needed to stop. But after he matched the numbers he put up in that game in the first 10 minutes tonight and finished with 40 points and 17 boards I changed my mind. But I still think he lacks the heart, desire and maturation of Durant. 
It's a pretty embarrassing day to be a Tigers fan. Sure K-State's a good team but losing by almost 40 points to ANYONE is just unacceptable. The Tigers now have a week off before their next game at home against Colorado. I'd expect coach Anderson to use this week to make his players' lives a living hell during practice. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an embarrassing loss :(